Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Mexico: Truckers Startled by UFOs in Yucatán



Source: SIPSE and Planeta UFO
Date: July 3, 2015


Mexico: Truckers Startled by UFOs in Yucatán

In Eastern Yucatan, UFO encounters are common among tractor-trailer operators who drive the Mérida-Tizimín Route.


BY JORGE MORENO/SIPSE - Mérida, Yucatan - A few years ago we published an eyewitness account by a tractor-trailer driver who witnessed a UFO along the Mérida-Tizmín Federal Highway in the vicinity of the San Antonio Cámara police station, a story which is not unique. In January 2015, as well as last month, two other sightings also occurred and were reported by tractor-trailer operators following the same road.

The latest cases were reported by Sebastián Robles, who became an eyewitness in January. In June, it was one of his co-workers who brought a new case to his attention, which was surprising, as it took place at the very same site.

He says that he stopped at that segment of the highway to have dinner and buy a coffee in late January. The time was around 11:00 p.m. and as he boarded his trailer (it was parked from West to East, in other words, facing Tizimin) he saw a strange light through his rear view mirror.

"It caught my attention, because the light appeared to be moving. It went by very quickly. I turned around and caught a glimpse, and several ideas crossed my head - a sort of excitement, because I'd always wanted to see a UFO, and now I'm certain it's what I saw."

He adds: "When I saw it in the mirror for a moment, I thought it was a shooting star, but upon seeing it directly, I realized that its movements were irregular: it went up, came down, until it picked up more speed and vanished into the horizon, heading west."

More lights are seen in the sky.

"What's more, I recalled that some co-workers had told me the same some months earlier, about UFOs having been seen along this stretch of road. The excitement was considerable. The truth is I do believe in that. My dad and granddad would tell me that back on the ranch (in Villahermosa) they had the chance to see them at least three times."

It should be noted that when I visited the scene, only one person confirmed that seeing UFOs was common a long time ago, "but many people, especially those who live around these parts, see it as a natural thing. They're not afraid or distressed by them. On the contrary, I remember a time when some tourists came to eat here at the luncheonette and when they went to the restrooms, exclaimed in surprise that they were seeing those craft, three of them in a single row, and even took photos of them. Who knows if the photos came out? It was nighttime, but they were clearly visible," he recalled.

These reports are very similar, in fact, to the ones I covered in Temax, a community located nearby, and the dates also match. This makes it very likely that the same unidentified flying object (UFO) was involved.

I was told in San Antonio that a person from the community of Dzoncauich (some 10 kilometers distant) had videotaped a UFO, but we couldn't find him. In fact, no one knew his name and no one in this town could provide any information about this.

I interviewed several people from nearby sites, and as a curious side note, a lady from San Antonio approached me, curious as to why I was interviewing people. When she learned that the subject involved UFOs, she crossed herself and quickly went away, as if it involved devilry.

[Translation (c) 2015 S. Corrales, IHU with thanks to Jorge Moreno (SIPSE) and Guillermo Giménez (Planeta UFO)]