Thursday, March 04, 2021

Venezuela: Cyclist Records UFO over the La Culata Wilderness in Merida

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Source: Planeta UFO (Argentina) and LaPatilla (Venezuela)

Date: March 2, 2021

Article by Ovnis en Venezuela

 Venezuela: Cyclist Records UFO over the La Culata Wilderness in Merida

 What appears to be a strange-looking object was photographed by mere chance in the vicinity of the La Culata Wilderness in the city of Merida, which forms part of the Venezuelan Andes at an elevation of 1600 meters above sea level. The percipient was an amateur cyclist pedaling through the area a as part of his daily routine.

 The event took place on February 28 2021 after 10 in the morning, according to Pascal Mullebrouck, a Belgian national who has been living in Venezuela for 40 years, with 22 of them in Merida. He is locally known as "Belgabike" for his nationality and love for cycling.

 "I was riding along on my bike some 7 km north of the La Culata summit, right before a sector known as La Caña which ends in Alto Viento. I stopped because I felt tired and wanted to take a shot of a group of over 40 cyclists riding with me. I continued on my way, but at no time did I notice anything unusual", he says.


 

 However, when reviewing and deleting certain images from his cellphone, he noticed something strange in the sky. "It came as a surprise to me, and what's worse - I very nearly deleted that photo," explained the 59-year-old cyclist, who further adds that while he has seen "things" on that mountain that defy explanation, this is the very first thing that he managed to photograph one of these oddities.

 [Translation (c) 2021 S. Corrales, IHU with thanks to Ovnis en Venezuela and Guillermo Giménez]